Call 248-969-7645 to schedule your dental filling appointment with John Khoury Dental today.
While you may practice the best dental care possible, tooth decay may occur with age or due to certain medical conditions. John Khoury Dental professionals provide dental restorations with composite dental fillings. These fillings save your teeth from further damage while making them more comfortable.
Do I Need Dental Fillings?
Choosing which dental restoration process works best for you starts with understanding how to use them. Candidates for dental fillings may have dental flaws, including:
- Cavities or decayed teeth
- Worn teeth
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
What Are Composite Dental Fillings?
Composite dental filling ingredients include acrylic resin and powdered glass filler. They create a white or tooth-colored filling that provides protection and restoration for teeth affected by cavities or tooth decay.
At John Khoury Dental, we use composite dental fillings to repair chipped teeth. The benefits of composite dental fillings include:
- A natural tooth appearance
- Less natural tooth structure removal
- Easy to repair or replace
The Composite Dental Filling Process
- Our dental professionals remove excess saliva from around the tooth.
- Drilling removes decay or cavity materials to create a space for easier adhesion.
- After covering the cavity in an etching and bonding agent, we apply the composite resin.
- Blue-violet light cures the resin in your tooth.
- Once cured, we shape your newly filled tooth and polish its exterior.
Caring for Composite Fillings
Composite dental fillings require little to no change in your oral hygiene routine. You may notice slight temperature sensitivity on the first day after your appointment. After a few days, it will subside.
If you chip, crack, or damage your fillings, attend to them before they worsen.
Professional Dental Fillings in Oxford, MI
Enjoy comfortable eating, drinking, and smiling with composite dental fillings from John Khoury Dental. Call 248-969-7645 for your dental filling consultation in Oxford, MI.